Lump Sum Grant (LSG) Subvention System
Lump Sum Grant Subvention System (LSGSS) is to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, improve quality, encourage innovation, strengthen accountability and provide flexibility, with a view to deploying resources in the most cost-effective manner to meet changing needs in the community. The Lump Sum Grant (LSG) arrangements were introduced in 2000-01 for voluntary adoption by non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Under LSG, NGO management have autonomy and flexibility in the deployment of subvention resources to meet the service needs.
As at 1 August 2018, 164 out of the 169 subvented NGOs have joined LSG system and the subvention for these NGOs represents over 99% of the total recurrent subvention for 2017-18.
The following are the reference documents of the LSGSS
1. Director of Social Welfare's Speech in Lump Sum Grant Briefing
(31 October 2000) (Chinese version only)
2. Director of Social Welfare's Speech on 'Lump Sum Grant'
(September 2000) (Chinese version only)
3. Paper on Social Welfare Subvention Reform
(June 2000) (Chinese version only)
4. Welfare Sector Subvention Reforms
5. Subvention Reform - Lump Sum Grant
(April 2000) (Chinese version only)
6. Social Welfare Reform: Proposed Lump Sum Funding Package
7. Review Report on Lump Sum Grant Subvention System